Wednesday, August 27, 2014

About Me...

          My name is Katie Smith and welcome to my blog! I'm originally from Florida but I've lived in Kentucky for 10 years and I consider myself a Kentuckian. I completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Kentucky with my bachelors degree in elementary education. I completed my masters degree at Asbury University with my masters degree is in teaching English as a second language.

         This is my first year as a doctoral student in the College of Education.  I'm working toward my degree in literacy and focusing on teaching English as a second language. In the future, I hope to work with students that speak English as a second language and also instruct undergraduate students on how to teach literacy. My dream is to teach abroad and work with underprivileged students.

          During my personal time, I enjoy going to church, cooking/baking, exercising, farming and spending time with my wonderful family and friends! This summer I finished my masters degree, moved into a new house and found out that I'm expecting a baby boy in January!! This is going to be an exciting year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment